2023/24 SEASON TICKET TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The season ticket is sold subject to the rules and regulations of FIFA, UEFA, The Football Association, The FA Premier League and The English Football League (‘the EFL’) in respect of the relevant football competition and Rotherham United Football Club (‘the club’) Ground Regulations.
- The season ticket remains the property of the club at all times and the purchase and/or use of this Season Ticket constitutes acceptance of the spectators’ code of conduct, customer charter, equality and diversity policy, inclusion and anti-discrimination statement of commitment, safeguarding policy, ground regulations and the terms and conditions, under which it is issued, as detailed below. These policies can be viewed at www.themillers.co.uk
- Rotherham United Football Club operates a zero tolerance approach to swearing and abusive language at the AESSEAL New York Stadium, especially in the Ben Bennett Family East Stand. The Ben Bennet Family East Stand is our designated family stand and as such, anyone buying season tickets in this area must be adhere to the zero tolerance stance on foul and abusive language and gesturing. Any supporters found to be engaging in such activity may be removed from the stadium and have their season ticket confiscated and or cancelled with no refund.
- All match dates are subject to alteration. For any league fixtures that are cancelled, the club will offer a pro-rata credit to your Millers Wallet or a refund in respect of those cancelled matches only. Any changes to fixtures will be published on our main website, www.themillers.co.uk and our social media channels. Supporters are encouraged to check the dates and kick off times of fixtures to ensure that they have the correct fixture details.
- For any league fixtures that are postponed and rearranged, your season ticket will be valid for the re-arranged game. Details of the re-arranged league fixture will be communicated through the club’s media channels. No refunds will be issued in respect of abandoned or postponed fixtures that are rearranged. If a fixture is abandoned and a result is declared, no refund will be given in respect of this fixture.
- For any league fixtures that are played behind closed doors, the club will offer a full pro rata-refund or a credit to your Millers Wallet for the affected fixtures(s), or a suitable alternative such as a live streaming service. If access to the streaming service is chosen then a partial refund or Millers Wallet credit may be due where applicable.
- For any league fixtures that are played with a reduced capacity, a ballot and grouping process may be required. For Season Ticket holders unsuccessful in the ballot, the club the club will offer a full pro rata-refund or a credit to your Millers Wallet for the affected fixtures(s), or a suitable alternative such as a live streaming service. If access to the streaming service is chosen then a partial refund or Millers Wallet credit may be due where applicable. Season ticket holders who are successful in the ballot process, may be subject to alternative seating arrangements in line with social distancing requirements. In the interest of transparency, the details of the ballot or grouping process will be released if a system is required. The process will take into account the social/family bubbles of supporters.
- If a streaming pass is required for supporters for home league fixtures, as per point 6 and 7 above then these will need to be claimed by supporters who are aged 18 and over.
- Providing there is no reduced capacity or social distancing restrictions in place, season ticket holders must occupy the seat allocated and indicated on the front of their card. Spot checks will be carried out throughout the season.
- Refunds will be processed in the first week of each month in lieu of any monies due from the previous month. Any refunds due will be added to the supporters Millers Wallet. Supporters will be able to spend the credits in their wallets on future ticketing purchases. Supporters will also have the opportunity to withdraw the funds from their wallet into their bank account.
- No refunds will be made in respect of any league fixtures unused on the card due to your own personal circumstances. For any league fixtures that are played with a reduced capacity, if a ballot and grouping process is used and you are allocated a ticket for a fixture, no refund will be given if you fail to attend. Where a refund is the appropriate remedy in the scenarios above, refunds will not be offered for any claim of compensation for any loss of hotel or travel costs or similar.
- The season ticket admits the holder to all EFL first team league match fixtures to be played at The AESSEAL New York Stadium where fans are permitted, upon presentation of the season ticket. This does not include any Play-Off, cup competition or friendly matches that may from time to time be played at the AESSEAL New York Stadium.
- The season ticket must be produced at the turnstile and scanned on the reader in order to gain entry.
- The club is not responsible for replacing season tickets which have been damaged, lost or stolen. All season cards which have been damaged, lost or stolen will be replaced at a cost of £10 from the Red and White Shop. Any charges will not be refunded, even if the original has been located.
- The season ticket is for the personal use of the named card holder only and is strictly non-transferable. The sale of a season ticket is strictly forbidden. There may be exceptional circumstances where a transfer is required which is subject to approval by the club. A £10 administration fee, per season ticket is applicable. Downgrades are not available. Should the season ticket be transferred to an age band that is more expensive than that of the current age band, an upgrade fee will also be applicable. The upgrade fee will be the difference from the price paid for the season ticket to the current value of the new age band. This upgrade fee will be charged at the general pricing structure and not the renewal price.
- Changes of address must be notified to the club’s Red and White Shop at the earliest opportunity.
- In the event of a forgotten or misplaced season ticket, a duplicate ticket will be issued from the ticket office which will invalidate the season card for the fixture in question. Reprints will only be issued a maximum of five times per season card before a £10 admin charge will be incurred.
- To regrade or relocate a season ticket permanently or for a single fixture, to an alternative age band or area, the transaction must be completed in person or over the phone. The relevant upgrade fee will be applicable. Such request may be refused at the club’s discretion due to capacity restrictions or social distancing guidelines.
- The allocation of ticket priority for away games will be announced via the club’s media channels. In most circumstances priority will be given to season ticket holders, then to supporters with a Millers Mayday Membership, followed by general sale. Should the demand for tickets be perceived to be higher than the allocation from the away club then ticketing priority points could be added into the above processes when selling tickets. Decisions will be based on the opponents, the profile of the fixture and the allocation of tickets received. Information will be conveyed to supporters via the club’s media channels.
- The club reserves the right to re-designate any area of the ground whether that be for capacity restrictions or social distancing guidelines, or to visiting supporters or otherwise. In such an event season ticket holders who are affected will be allocated a ticket for the relevant match in an alternative section of the ground. For pre-season and cup fixtures, he club may only open limited areas of the ground. In this case, Season Ticket holders will get priority on sales but may not have their Season Ticket seat reserved in for them and sales will be on a first come first served basis.
- The club accepts no responsibility whatsoever if the seat to which this season ticket refers is affected by adverse weather conditions.
- All persons entering The AESSEAL New York Stadium (or any other ground to which admission is permitted with this season card) must comply with the ground regulations (copies of which are displayed within the ground) and with the rules and regulations of the Football Association and the EFL as they apply from time to time.
- Entry to The AESSEAL New York Stadium (or any other grounds to which admission is permitted with this season ticket) shall be deemed to constitute unqualified acceptance of all rules and regulations. The club reserves the right to eject any person from the ground who fails to comply with such rules and regulations.
- Any season ticket holder who;
- Breaches the regulations or who;
- Acts in any manner detrimental to the club;
- Persistently stands in seated areas or climbs over or on any seats;
- The club reasonably believes has sold their season ticket to another person;
- Misuses the season ticket under any of the terms and conditions;
- Is the subject of a restriction order under The Football Spectators Act; 1989 and who has acted in any way that such an order could have been made or applied for; may, at the club’s discretion, be ejected from or refused entry to The AESSEAL New York Stadium (or any other ground to which admission is permitted with this season ticket) and/or have the season ticket cancelled for part or all of the remainder of the season, with no compensation being payable for any unused fixtures.
The following are offences under the Football (Offences) Act 1991 and are strictly forbidden:
- The throwing of any object within the ground without lawful authority or excuse;
- The chanting of anything of an indecent or of a discriminatory nature;
- The entry onto the playing area or any adjacent area to which spectators are not generally admitted without lawful authority or excuse.
Any spectator who commits any of the above offences is liable to be arrested.
Racial, homophobic or other discriminatory abuse, use of obscene language, chanting or harassment is strictly forbidden and will result in arrest and/or ejection from the ground. The club may impose a ban for one or more matches. In some cases, the behaviour may be referred to the Police or other outside agency.
- The club reserves the right to amend the conditions of issue of season tickets without prior notification. The club’s decision on all matters relating to admission to The AESSEAL New York Stadium or to these conditions shall be accepted as final and binding.
- No person may bring into the ground or use within the ground any equipment, which is capable of recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data in relation to any match, or the ground.
- Mobile telephones are permitted within the ground, provided that they are used for personal and private use only.
- The club excludes to the maximum extent permitted by law any liability for loss, injury or damage to persons/property in or around the ground provided that nothing shall limit or exclude the liability of the club for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation or death or personal injury caused by its negligence.
- The AESSEAL New York Stadium is a no smoking stadium, anybody caught smoking or using vaping devices within the stadium, concourses or toilet facilities will be asked to leave. There is a half-time facility available for supporters outside each stand who wish to smoke/vape in an open and safe environment.
- Any season ticket found to be used fraudulently for any league fixture will result in that ticket being void and a full priced ticket will need to be purchased. Persistent fraudulent use may result in the season ticket being cancelled without refund.
- Approved forms of identification must be shown when purchasing any concessionary season card. Acceptable forms of ID for proof of age are as follows: passport, birth certificate or photo driving licence.
- Application for an under 8 season ticket must be made at the time of purchase of the accompanying fee paying adult or senior season ticket. Proof of identity, i.e. birth certificate will be required. The under 8 season ticket cannot be claimed online. Under 8 season ticket holders may only upgrade their season ticket a maximum of six times per season. The club reserves the right to revoke any under 8 season ticket which has not been used at least six times per half season.
- The 10% discount in the family stand is applicable when a fee paying adult purchases a season ticket with either a juvenile or a junior. Under 8 season tickets are not included in the family discount offer. Families will need to be sat together in the family stand and the discount will need to be requested at the time of purchase. Family discount is not available online.
- Proof of age will be required for all concessionary tickets in the form of a copy of Birth Certificate, Driving Licence or Passport. Young Adult rate applied to 18 – 21 year olds who have not reached their 22nd birthday on or before 5th August 2023. Juvenile rate applies to 13-17 year olds who have not reached their 18th birthday on or before 5th August 2023. Junior rate applies to 8 to 12 year olds who have not reached their 13th birthday on or before 5th August 2023. Under 8 rate applies to those who have not reached their 8th birthday on or before 5th August 2023. Senior Citizen rate applies to those who achieve their 60th birthday on or before 5th August 2023.
- The club reserves absolute discretion in determining the eligibility for any concessions claimed.
- We reserve the right to block or cancel any season ticket, without refund, subject to any supporters not complying with the ground regulations.
- Proof of concession will be required for supporters claiming a HM Armed Forces concessionary season ticket. A valid armed forces ID will be required with an expiry date on to claim a armed forces concessionary season ticket. Even if proof has been shown in the past, we may still request that proof is shown again. The season ticket will be held until proof has been shown and failure to show proof will result in the season ticket being upgraded to an adult.
- For supporters who are purchasing a disabled season ticket, please refer to the disabled and carer terms and conditions or contact the Red and White Shop for further information.
- Every child under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an someone aged 18 or over. The season ticket will need to be sold in the adjacent seat to the accompanying person.
- Season ticket holders can claim 10% discount in the Red and White Shop and online at http://shop.themillers.co.uk on full priced merchandise items. Discount will be applied on production of your season ticket at the time of purchase. No discount will be given if the season card is not shown at the time of purchase. Discount cannot be applied retrospectively. Discount will run from the time of purchase until 23.59 31st May 2024.
- Season tickets are non-refundable. The club will only consider refund requests under exceptional circumstances, in writing, with additional supporting evidence. These refunds are not guaranteed and are at the Club’s discretion. Direct Debit customers should be aware that cancellation of your Direct Debit does not result in cancellation of your season ticket. Customers who purchase season tickets under the Direct Debit Scheme will still be liable to pay any outstanding balance until the club approve any cancellation requests. Customers who fail to notify us in writing may be refused Direct Debit for any future season tickets. This doesn’t affect the terms and conditions surrounding matches which have been played behind closed doors or under social distanced restrictions.
These terms and conditions are issued under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (relevant to consumer fans).
Last updated May 2023