Rotherham United are looking to recruit a Casual First Team Cook.
An experienced Kitchen Cook/Chef is required on a casual basis, generally up to 4 days per week, to cover breakfast/lunchtime hours in the week, and occasional weekend days, usually from 9:30 to 14:30, and flexible as these days may change.
- Preparing and delivery of nutritionally balanced breakfast and lunch for 35 players/staff
- Planning menus, taking into account the budget, the foods in season, local availability and nutritional requirements for players. Duties will include; ordering, prepping, cooking, cleaning and wash up
- Ensuring that hygiene and cleanliness within the kitchen is of the highest standard in accordance with Environmental Health requirements and legislation
- Cover for First Team Head Cook as required
- Salary: Inline with National Minimum Wage aged 23 and over £10.42
- Experience is preferred. Health and Safety and basic level 2 food hygiene is required
- Satisfactory DBS check (this can be completed by the Club)
- Availability for flexible working hours
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills supported by a friendly and approachable nature
Rotherham United Football Club is a diverse organisation that values difference and recognises that people with different backgrounds, skills, attitudes and experiences bring fresh ideas and perceptions. We are committed to providing equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice for all players, officials, staff, supporters, members of the community, partners and other stakeholders according to their individual needs. Discrimination on the grounds of sex, age, race, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic or national origin or political belief has no place within the club.
Rotherham United is committed to providing each employee, potential employee, customer and service-users equality of opportunity across all areas of the club’s operation. Rotherham United will ensure that equality practices are integral to every process and create an inclusive and positive environment for all.
Rotherham United is an equal opportunities employer and all applicants for employment will be given equal opportunities irrespective of race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or ethnic origin. In line with EFL/FA policy RUFC welcomes applications from candidates of BAME backgrounds and our interview process will encompass the BAME/FA
Rotherham United takes safeguarding very seriously and is committed to ensuring that all children and adults at risk are safeguarded at all times when engaging in Club activities or services. The club has numerous safeguarding policies and best practice guidelines to support this and expects all employees to adopt such policies and practices at all times. Identified positions within the Club may be subject to receipt of an acceptable Disclosure and Barring Service check, in line with the clubs safeguarding policies as well as any other condition stipulated by law from time to time. The club adheres to strict guidelines, policies and procedures when recruiting staff who work with children and/or adults at risk and is committed to ensuring staff receive appropriate safeguarding training suitable to their role/s. Successful applicants are expected to share the club’s approach to safeguarding at all times. Interviewees are required to bring proof of ID to the first interview (valid passport OR birth certificate and NI card) along with proof of right to work I the UK (if applicable). ID documents must be original, photocopies will not be accepted. Outlined above is the specific compliance requirements for the role and the employment offer is subject to all employment checks being completed. We may also view social media sites of any potential employee.
Proof of the right to work within the UK will be required for this role
The role meets the requirements for national minimum wage
Please apply via Indeed
If you wish to see our Candidate Privacy Notice please visit: https://www.themillers.co.uk/club/club-policies/
Job Type: Zero hours contract
Salary: From £10.42 per hour
Expected hours: No more than 15 per week
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Start immediately (preferred)
- Basic level 2 food hygiene (preferred)
Work Location: In person