An exciting opportunity to join the team at Rotherham United has arisen...
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Reporting to: Finance Director
Based at: Rotherham United Football Club (RUFC) Ltd
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Rotherham United Football Club have a great opportunity for a hardworking , enthusiastic Accounts Assistant to join our small team at the AESEAL New York Stadium.
- Process suppliers’ invoices by entering onto the purchase ledger and through the authorisation system
- Verify suppliers’ account status against statements received
- Prepare supplier bacs payments and remittance advices in accordance with agreed payment schedule
- Deal with telephone enquiries from suppliers in a professional and timely manner
- Checking staff expense claims in line with company policy. Processing and paying claims.
- Processing Direct Debit payments and following up on failed claims.
- Reconciling Club lottery receipts and prizes
- Ensure all payments and receipts are recorded in the accounting records and carry out bank reconciliations on a daily basis
- Carry out cashing up duties on a daily basis ensuring that the reconciliation reports agree to source documentation and that the cash agrees with that paid into the bank
- Any other additional duties that are required to meet the needs of the business
- Monday to Friday 9am -5pm (1 hour for lunch), paid 35 hours.
- Occasional match day cover
The perfect candidate will have:
- Minimum 1years experience in similar role
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as act on self-initiative
- Strong administrative and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to achieve deadlines
- Experience with Sage accounting
- Use of Microsoft Office suite Excel, Word, Outlook
- Be available to start as soon as possible
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Opportunity for training (AAT support/distant learning ) for the right candidate
- After 6 months company pension and Westfield
- Free onsite car parking
On application please provide:
- current salary or salary expectation
- notice period
- declare any association with other RUFC employees
- deadline for applications Friday 13th October 5pm