- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
Rotherham United Academy UEFA B Part Time Coach
Job Title Part Time Age Group 3 Vacancies
Reports to Phase lead coach – YDP & PDP
Location The Rotherham United Academy is located at the New York
Stadium & Graham Solley Sports Development Centre, Sheffield
Hallam University, Bawtry Road, Sheffield S9 1UA. You will be expected to undertake travel as is necessary to fulfil your job requirements.
Hours This is a part time role requiring flexibility to work evening and weekend fixtures, including regular travel to away matches.
Job Purpose/Responsibilities To coach a specific age group within the academy according to the academy philosophy and syllabus for outfield and specific GK requirements
To deliver effective and innovative session plans in line with club philosophy
To maintain accurate records of training and match outcomes and identify individuals that may need intervention plans.
To attend and contribute to the departments in service training program
Essential requirements for the post UEFA B ( Level 3) coaching certificate or ongoing
FA Youth Modules
Enhanced DBS clearance
Desirable requirements for the post FA Child Protection Certificate ( Can be arranged)
FA Safeguarding Certificate (Can be arranged)
UEFA B GK ( If Applicable )
Recruitment & Other Key Responsibilities
- Drive the trialist process once it has been agreed a player is to enter on trial.
- Take an energetic, purposeful, and measurable approach to player recruitment.
- Manage and drive player signings and releases appropriately and professionally as well as presenting all retain/release information to the Academy manager and Academy Secretary as required and in line with EFL rules and deadlines.
- Continually challenge and look to enhance the academy environment through new ideas.
- Support the culture, and represent the club in the best possible light at all times.
- Attend and contribute (when required) to all CPD as instructed by the Head of Coaching.
- Adheres to the club Code of Conduct at all times and understand and adheres to the Club’s safeguarding procedures.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Academy Manager and Head of Coaching.
The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive as the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities, commensurate with the grading of the post, without changing the general character of the post.
- Rotherham United is committed to the Safeguarding and Welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk of harm and as such requires all staff, volunteers and others associated with the Club to share and endorse this commitment. Every member of staff has a responsibility to complete the training provided by the club and adhere to the policies and procedures designed to ensure the club is a safe place for all.
Qualifications Essential Desirable
UEFA ‘B’ License √
FA Youth Award (assessed) √
Basic First Aid in Football (BFAS) OR Emergency First Aid √
Up to date FA DBS and Safeguarding Certificate √
Fully Licensed FA Coach √
UEFA ‘A’ Licence (or currently working towards) √
FA Advanced Youth Award (or currently working towards and specific to that √ phase)
Educated to degree level in a related subject √
Emergency First Aid in Football Level 2 (EFAIF) √
FA Talent ID Qualification √
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
A minimum of 2 years working with elite players or within professional football
√ (preferably in the youth development phase)
Able to demonstrate a high level of coaching ability working with individuals, units
√ and teams.
Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of FA and Premier League
√ EPPP rules regarding Academies
Experience of using the PMA system √
Experience of planning a coaching syllabus and ILP’s to meet the needs of players
√ in an academy or other elite football environment
IT literacy and proficiency in creating presentations, writing reports and emails √
Show a track record of communicating and working with, motivating, and inspiring √ a multi-disciplinary team of staff
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate to all stakeholders on
√ a variety of levels
Strong organisational skills demonstrating experience of managing large and
√ varied workloads and tasks whilst maintaining attention to detail
Can show an excellent understanding of child protection, and exemplify the
√ standards of behaviour and codes of conduct required within the Academy
Experience of working full time in an academy environment √
Experience in talent identification and recruitment of players √
Experience of the academy audit process √
Committed to working to and promoting the philosophy of the football club and √ to promoting and displaying high standards of excellence in maintaining a positive learning environment
Show a clear ‘Growth Mindset’ and capability and comfortability of being able to √ challenge and be challenged to deliver an elite programme in a high pressured environment with high levels of accountability
Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and ambitious in the development of a positive √ and progressive elite learning environment
Is receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and areas for √ improvement
Good attendance record in current/previous employment, (not including any √ absences resulting from disability)
Must hold a valid driver’s licence and be able to travel extensively, as required √
Ability and willingness to work outside normal hours, including evenings and
√ weekends, often with short notice
Rotherham United is committed to Safeguarding and the safeguarding of all people associated with the football club. √
All employees must have an understanding of the clubs safeguarding and anti- discrimination policies and procedures and put these into practice in the workplace. To enable this all employees must undertake the required training as directed by their line manager
Proof of the right to work within the UK will be required for this role
If you wish to see our Candidate Privacy Notice please visit: https://www.themillers.co.uk/club/club-policies/
Job Types: Part-time, Zero hours contract
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Youth development phase: 2 years (required)
- UEFA B (or ongoing) (required)
- FA Youth Modules (required)
- Enhanced DBS (can be arranged) (required)
- Basic First Aid in Football (BFAS) (required)
- Safeguarding Certificate (required)
Work Location: In person