Job Description: Assistant Manager (Part Time, 31 Hours)
Job Title: Assistant Manager
Reporting to: Head of Supporter Services and Head of Retail
Based at: Red and White Shop, AESSEAL New York Stadium, Rotherham, S60 1AH.
Purpose of the Role
To support the line managers in all shop and ticket office activities in particular through improving and developing business for the club by pro-active sales activity and ensuring the highest standards of customer service. The role requires working match days, non-match day Saturdays and various hours during the week on an ad hoc basis, (days, evenings and weekends)
- Ensure all customers are served promptly and efficiently whilst maintaining the highest standards of customer service and professionalism, both in person and over the telephone.
- Help develop a sales culture throughout Retail and Ticketing departments to deliver a minimum of budgeted weekly sales.
- Assist in the day to day management operations of the Red and White shop / Ticketing, taking control in the manager’s absence.
- Ensure stock is effectively replenished on the shop floor and processes are in place to check all items in stock are displayed and correctly priced.
- Minimise stock loss by following the company procedure relating to faulty / damaged products, taking effective action to reduce stock loss and write-offs at store level.
- Establish a working environment, delegating jobs to team members during quiet periods. Answering questions / queries from staff members with regards to any aspect of their jobs role and responsibilities.
- Processing of both ticketing and merchandise online orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure you have excellent knowledge of forthcoming matches and match/shop promotions.
- Ensure that telephones and supporter emails are answered in a prompt and efficient manner, escalating any issue to the appropriate line manager.
- Help create and develop a positive working environment between all departments and customers.
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety within the store and ensure full compliance whilst in charge; assist in providing staff training as necessary.
- Ensure full compliance with regards to the process of both ticketing and merchandising online orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Have a full understanding of the club’s safeguarding and anti-discrimination policies and procedures and put these into practice in the workplace. The employee will have to complete any training modules in this area as directed by their line manager.
- Any other additional duties that are required to meet the needs of the business.
- Assist with the system setup for home and away fixtures.
- Provide support to the Head of Supporter Services with the completion of the away game reconciliation.
This list is not exhaustible and additional responsibilities will form part of the job description.
You will be self-driven with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. You will possess excellent customer service and communication skills both face to face and over the telephone. Previous ticketing or retail experience is desired but not essential, along with previous experience in working in a customer service and cash handling environment. You will be a natural forward planner who critically assesses your performance. You will be mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with people at different levels and will maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
Rotherham United Football Club is a diverse organisation that values difference and recognises that people with different backgrounds, skills, attitudes and experiences bring fresh ideas and perceptions. We are committed to providing equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice for all players, officials, staff, supporters, members of the community, partners and other stakeholders according to their individual needs.
Discrimination on the grounds of sex, age, race, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic or national origin or political belief has no place within the club.
Rotherham United is committed to providing each employee, potential employee, customer and service-users equality of opportunity across all areas of the club’s operation. Rotherham United will ensure that equality practices are integral to every process and create an inclusive and positive environment for all.
Rotherham United is an equal opportunities employer and all applicants for employment will be given equal opportunities irrespective of race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or ethnic origin. In line with EFL/FA policy RUFC welcomes applications from candidates of BAME backgrounds and our interview process will encompass the BAME/FA Diversity regulations.
Rotherham United takes safeguarding very seriously and is committed to ensuring that all children and adults at risk are safeguarded at all times when engaging in Club activities or services. The club has numerous safeguarding policies and best practice guidelines to support this and expects all employees to adopt such policies and practices at all times. Identified positions within the Club may be subject to receipt of an acceptable Disclosure and Barring Service check, in line with the clubs safeguarding policies as well as any other condition stipulated by law from time to time. The club adheres to strict guidelines, policies and procedures when recruiting staff who work with children and/or adults at risk and is committed to ensuring staff receive appropriate safeguarding training suitable to their role/s. Successful applicants are expected to share the club’s approach to safeguarding at all times.
Interviewees are required to bring proof of ID to the first interview (valid passport OR birth certificate and NI card) along with proof of right to work I the UK (if applicable). ID documents must be original, photocopies will not be accepted. Outlined above is the specific compliance requirements for the role and the employment offer is subject to all employment checks being completed. We may also view social media sites of any potential employee. Proof of the right to work within the UK will be required for this role
Please apply via Indeed.
If you wish to see our Candidate Privacy Notice please visit: Club Policies - Rotherham United (themillers.co.uk)
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Expected hours: No less than 31 per week
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person