The 2021/22 academic year is officially underway at Rotherham United Sports College. This year we have had another successful intake of students, as we currently have around 80 students on our Further Education courses, 18 students across our Higher Education Degree courses and 3 PGCE students undertaking their placements with us at the New York Stadium. RUCST also continue to work with Academy at RUFC to deliver education to the full-time Academy Scholars.
Furthermore, Rotherham United Sports College are pleased to announce that we are still accepting late enrolments from students if they are looking for somewhere new to study. Students who enrol on any of our courses have the unique opportunity to train and play various sports competitively on a weekly basis against other professional clubs.
This year, our Shadow Academy Football team have joined the National Football Youth League, a highly esteemed U19’s league that aims to bridge the gap between Academy and College football. We currently have 3 additional teams competing in the EFL CEFA League including a U19’s Women’s team and the Wickersley Scholarship team.
This year at the college, we have also launched our specialist Rotherham United Esports enrichment programme, which allows young people an alternative to traditional education and gives them a chance to experience virtual coaching and learning in a safe online environment.
Here is a list of the current courses that we run at the Rotherham United Sports College:
- Level 1 BTEC ‘Sport & Active Leisure’ (1 Year Full-time)
- Level 2 NCFE Diploma ‘Sport’ (1 Year Full-time)
- Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma ‘Sports Coaching & Development’ (2 Years Full-time)
- Foundation Degree in Community Football Coaching and Development
- Foundation Degree in Sports Coaching and Development
- BSc (Hons) Football Coaching, Development and Administration (Top Up)
- BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching and Development (Top Up)
- Alternative Provision for Secondary Schools
- Esports Enrichment Programme
The various study programmes combine academic studies with a practical sporting experience and are aimed at young people who have a passion for sport and a desire to progress to University or employment within the sporting industry.
Many of our students also have the opportunity to volunteer and work for Rotherham United Community Sports Trust in order to develop their professional coaching skills in the community.