Here at Rotherham United we are very proud of the work we do within the local community and we have once again been getting behind a number of worthy causes since the start of the 2019/20 season.
We are regularly contacted by supporters and charities in the local area for help with their fundraising efforts which can range from bake sales and raffles to galas and fairs.
We do, of course have a number of select charities that we work closely with due to our connections with them as a club and those supported by the EFL as a whole, but our award-winning Community Sports Trust are always keen to help charities in the local area.
Among the causes that we have been able to support over the last few weeks and months are:
- The Rotherham Hospice
- Yorkshire Ambulance Service at Rotherham Ambulance Station
- Paediatric Critical Care Unit Fundraising Team at the Sheffield Children’s Hospital
- Newman School
- Mexborough Primary School
- Milton School Christmas Fayre
- Aston Academy’s Snowflake Fayre for Sheffield Children’s Hospital
- Blatchford Limited’s fundraiser for MacMillan
- Sitwell Cycling Club’s fundraiser for Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice
- South Yorkshire Netball’s fundraising festival for Sheffield Mind
- Woodlands Care Home’s Christmas raffle
- Broom Lane Care Home’s Christmas raffle
- The Star Foundation’s fundraiser for Millers supporter
- Wath Church’s Christmas raffle
- Simon Ward’s London Landmarks Half Marathon fundraiser for Prostate Cancer UK
- Wickersley School’s fundraiser for Cerebral Palsy
- Rotherham Portage Service’s Christmas party
- Rawmarsh St. Joseph’s Football Club