Rotherham United are looking to appoint a full time individual to work on the recruitment side of the academy football and tie this into a dual role to coach within the academy with ages 14–18.
Job Title: Academy Head of Recruitment & Academy Coach – 14 - 18
Reporting to: Academy Manager
Location: Rotherham United Football Club Academy
Head of Academy Recruitment
- Recruit (and identify via the relevant age group recruitment co-ordinators) players of required quality to represent the Academy therefore to recruit, organise and manage a team of local scouts to support the Academy and Youth Development Programme at all levels.
- Maintain and enhance the local, regional and any national scouting networks to fulfil the above criteria.
- Ensure that scouts report back to the club with quality and in an efficient manner and maintain all such documentation - including uploading information onto the PMA database.
- Ensure that the required recruitment data is produced for EPPP inspection/audit.
- Assist scouts working with the U9-18 age groups by providing scout education and making available other training to enhance their skills and knowledge for their jobs.
- Maintain and develop strong links with schools, districts, counties, and international associations, as well as junior leagues.
- Ensure with the Lead Phase Coach that the correct procedure is carried out for trialists.
- To Liaise with the Academy manager and develop a network of scouting contacts within the key local football leagues within travelling distance of the Rotherham United football academy in order to identify suitable players that meet the required Academy Player Profile and are considered suitable for selection into the Academy.
- To liaise with the Academy Manager to ensure that the recruitment strategy is within budget and to form and organize a player talent identification programme.
- To ensure the Academy Manager / Lead Phases are informed of all trialist players attending the Academy at any time, ensuring that all relevant documentation where required (Academy Football League Rules and Regulations) is completed and filed.
- Organize and implement recruitment CPD
- MAIN DUTIES/KEY ACTIVITIES
Ensure Scouts complete the relevant documentation and player profiling.
Through a programme of monitoring, ensure the recruitment process associated with excellence is maintained and continuously developed.
Be actively involved with the coaching staff in developing the requisite Rotherham United Academy Player Profile document and guide.
To provide up to date reporting of all talented players identified, the monitoring process and reporting to the Academy Manager through the 6 weekly Academy Management Team Meeting. Advise the meeting of potential Academy players, trials and games for trialists, providing specific details regarding travel, accommodation and educational needs.
Provide an input into the development of annual budgets and targets associated with Recruitment, working closely with the Academy Manager.
Provide details on potential Academy player’s information with personal details. Identify player targets and dissemination of requests for trials from correspondence, emails, telephone and other Academies release documentation.
Confirmation of fixtures to aid in Academy recruitment.
To coach and support age groups ranging from U14 – U18 specific age groups within the academy according to the academy philosophy and syllabus.
The coaching will involve some evening work.
To deliver effective and innovative session plans in line with club philosophy.
To maintain accurate records of training and match outcomes and identify individuals that may need intervention plans.
To attend and contribute to the departments in service training program.
- Up-to-date FA Talent Identification Course
- UEFA B in coaching as a minimum
- Satisfactory DBS check
- Up-to-date Child Protection Certificate
- Three years of experience working in an Academy or Centre of Excellence with relevant age groups in coaching & recruitment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Availability for flexible working hours
- IT literacy
- Professional playing experience
- FA Youth Award
- Teaching Qualification/Sports Science/Business Degree
- Experience as a line manager
- Experience as Head of Recruitment
- Experience as Youth Coach or Head of Coaching
- Additional work-related qualifications inc. First Aid and Coaching Qualifications
- Proven experience in a similar role and highly motivated and able to demonstrate initiative
Excellent communication skills, strong report writing skills, excellent organisational skills and excellent interpersonal and networking skills
The post holder’s duties must be carried out in compliance with the Club’s Equal Opportunities Policy, with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subsequent Health and Safety Legislation.
Rotherham United is an equal opportunities employer and all applicants for employment will be regarded equally and will be given equal opportunities irrespective of sex, age, race, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic or national origin.
These duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities within Rotherham United Football Club, commensurate with the post without changing the character of the post. This post requires a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRC) check with a barred list check. The applicant must be prepared to submit a CRC application if they do not hold and FA CRC Certificate. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Information on all convictions including spent convictions must be declared, in line with the new Government Filtering System.
Please state your salary expectations when applying and complete the application form (BAME Appendix) that can be found on the Club website https://www.themillers.co.uk/club/club-policies/ and return as requested to the email address supplied
Unfortunately your application may not be processed without a completed application form being returned to the Club.
Applying for the Role
Applications are to be sent via the link below Closing date for applications: 29.11.2019