Rotherham United Football Club is looking to recruit a Part Time Physiotherapist (Sessional) for our Academy, reporting directly to the Academy Lead Physiotherapist
This will be a sessional role, to meet the needs of the Academy; rotas are formulated one month in advance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of physiotherapy and medical cover for our Under 9 to Under 16 year old players. This role includes providing medical cover and running a rehabilitation clinic in the evenings, and may also involve working weekends to provide the medical cover/support as required.
There is opportunity to travel to away fixtures also. Expenses will be provided where appropriate. Successful candidates will be expected to work independently; however, full training and support will be provided as required. This is a great opportunity to develop assessment, treatment and rehabilitation skills in a professional sporting environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring medical support services are present at all Academy sessions and games
- To ensure record keeping is completed in a timely and efficient manner, meeting the EPPP guidelines;
- To assist with the Sports Science department to implement effective conditioning programmes and player testing; and in the delivery of pre-habilitation/injury prevention sessions
- Liaise with the Head of Academy Physiotherapy; providing regular updates
- Hold a degree in Physiotherapy and HCPC registered
- Be associated with the relevant governing body (ie. CSP, HCPC)
- Possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Have IT skills sufficient to manage the demands of Performance Management Application (PMA)
- A flexible approach to working hours is essential as working evenings and weekends is a requirement of this role, as well as attendance to both home and away fixtures
- Must hold a valid full driving license and use of a vehicle
- Interest in paediatrics/clinical sporting environments
- Willingness to undergo an Enhanced DBS check
- Pitch-side trauma training/qualification (ITMiFF/ATMiFF/IFAS)
- Previous pitch-side experience
- Knowledge of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP)
- Experience working in a sporting interdisciplinary team
Rate of Pay: Sessional and competitive
How to apply:
Applicants to apply via the link click here; copies of CV and a cover letter
Diversity and Safeguarding
The post holder’s duties must be carried out in compliance with the Club’s Equal Opportunities Policy, with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subsequent Health and Safety Legislation.
Rotherham United is an equal opportunities employer and all applicants for employment will be regarded equally and will be given equal opportunities irrespective of sex, age, race, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic or national origin.
Rotherham United is committed to the Safeguarding and Welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk of harm and requires all staff, volunteers and others associated with the Club to share and endorse this commitment.
This post may require a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRC) check with a barred list check. The applicant may be required to submit a CRC application if they do not hold an FA CRC Certificate. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Information on all convictions including spent convictions must be declared, in line with the new Government Filtering System.
If you wish to see our Candidate Privacy Notice please visit: https://www.themillers.co.uk/club/club-policies/