1st Team Performance Analyst – Rotherham United Football Club
Term: Full Time Permanent Contract
Salary: Neg. dependent upon experience
The Club is offering a full-time permanent contract working for the 1st team as an integral part of their forward thinking Performance Analysis Department. The chosen applicant will have the chance to apply their current knowledge within an applied setting.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Recording all first team games home and away
- Analysing all games in alignment with coaching staff requirements
- Analysing upcoming opposition games and preparing pre-match presentations in conjunction with coaching staff
- Production of all first team pre-match and post-match meetings
- Production of any other meetings required as instructed by coaching staff
- Broader pre-match preparation including set play analysis and penalty analysis
- Collation of match clips and technical data within relevant databases
- Uploading full games to league exchanges within strict time restraints
- Uploading player clips from matches
- Assisting other support staff within the first team environment as and when required
- Assisting with pre-match opposition analysis and post-match analysis protocols via the assistance of Pro-Zone3 and Sportscode Software.
- Maintaining a statistical performance index team/player database on Excel/Numbers.
- Maintaining a library of individual player clips.
- Provide assistance within the area of recruitment analysis with the production of scouting comparison reports and player highlight packages.
Person Specification –
Competencies, Experience and Qualifications:
- Competent using Sportscode to a high level, including the necessary functions to fulfil responsibilities as effectively as possible (E)
- Knowledge of the Hudl platform and how to utilise the platform effectively (D)
- Previous use of iMovie to produce videos with audio (E)
- Competent using Keynote and Microsoft Excel programs (E)
- Previous experience using all software above in a high pressure, fast-paced environment within elite sport (D)
- Ability to film games in wide angle to the requirements of the coaching staff and live code whilst preparing clips for half-time (E)
- BSc in Sport Science or relevant subject (E)
- MSc in Performance Analysis (D)
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn. (E)
- Computer literacy but advanced computer skills are welcomed. (E)
- Previous experience working in sport, preferably football. (E)
- A passion for developing a future career in Performance Analysis. (E)The ability to communicate and work closely with the Player, Coaching, Medical and Sports Science department. (E)
- Full and Clean UK Driving Licence. (E)
- Good communicator – written and oral skills; good judgement; highly organised; confident; persuasive; approachable; dependable; uses initiative; professional
- High expectation of self and others
- Trustworthy and reliable
Only applicants who possess the criteria specified in the Person Specification will be considered. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please apply with CV and cover letter to via Indeed link below stating salary expectations
- Interviews will be held on Wednesday 31st of July 2019 and second stage interviews will be held on Wednesday 7th August 2019, both held in Rotherham at the AESSEAL New York Stadium.
- The closing date for applications is Friday 26th July at 5pm.
Diversity and Safeguarding
The post holder’s duties must be carried out in compliance with the Club’s Equal Opportunities Policy, with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subsequent Health and Safety Legislation.
Rotherham United is an equal opportunities employer and all applicants for employment will be regarded equally and will be given equal opportunities irrespective of sex, age, race, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic or national origin.
Rotherham United is committed to the Safeguarding and Welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk of harm and requires all staff, volunteers and others associated with the Club to share and endorse this commitment.
If you wish to see our Candidate Privacy Notice please visit: