Part Time Casual Academy Physiotherapy...
This position will be part of the Rotherham United FC Academy sport science and medical team.
The position will involve working closely with the Lead Academy Physiotherapist to assist with the athletic development and rehabilitation of schoolboy players (U9 to U18).
Such a position will involve you actively participating in all facets of the sports medical program and help to deliver an effective service to the players and staff at all times.
Successful applicants will have an excellent opportunity to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team in an elite youth football environment alongside coaches, analysts, physiotherapists, sports scientists and strength & conditioning coaches.
Hours of Work
· Working hours during the week will be fixed to evenings with scope for extra hours of
cover work on a casual basis.
· Ability to communicate effectively with young people
· Some knowledge of sport science would be advantageous
· Professional approach to all aspects of work; punctual, reliable and diligent
· Willingness to work weekends if required and be committed to the programme for the
duration of the season.
· Provide pitch side first aid support including assessment and treatment of academy players
during training and matches;
· Complete accurate and timely documentation for any injuries sustained onto the online notes
· Communicate effectively with coaching, management, medical and sport science staff
regarding player fitness and availability;
· Act in a professional manor whilst representing Rotherham United Football Club;
· Understand and implement the clubs emergency medical procedures during a match;
· Promote and support all members and policies of the Medical Department;
· To undertake CPD organised by the Club;
· Any other duties appropriate to the skills and experience of the position holder.
· BSc Hons Physiotherapy;
· HCPC registration;
· Demonstrate an understanding of paediatric sports injuries and acute injury management;
· Attend a child protection/safeguarding workshop and undergo an enhanced DBS
(Disclosure and Barring Services check);
· Valid sports first aid qualification.
· Have previous pitch side first aid experience within sport;
· Demonstrate an understanding of the day to day running of an Elite Football Academy.
· Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary sport science and medical team in an elite
· The opportunity to work with elite football players ranging from eight to eighteen years of age
· Gain knowledge around the latest in-depth approaches to the athletic prehab and rehab,
physical monitoring and performance analysis of elite junior football players as part of return
to fitness tests (HR / GPS data);
· Travel expenses incurred on work related business.
· £18 per hour
The post holder’s duties must be carried out in compliance with the Club’s Equal Opportunities Policy, with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subsequent Health and Safety Legislation.
Rotherham United is an equal opportunities employer and all applicants for employment will be regarded equally and will be given equal opportunities irrespective of sex, age, race, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic or national origin.
These duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities within Rotherham United Football Club, commensurate with the post without changing the character of the post. This post requires a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRC) check with a barred list check. The applicant must be prepared to submit a CRC application if they do not hold and FA CRC Certificate. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Information on all convictions including spent convictions must be declared, in line with the new Government Filtering System.
Job Type: Part-time
Licenses or certifications:
- BSc Hons Physiotherapy (Required)
- HCPC registration (Required)
To apply, click here.