Purpose of the role
The management, maintenance, storage and preparation of match and training kit for all Football activities for First Team, Reserves and Academy.
- In conjunction with the First Team Manager and the line manager prepare and submit the kit orders to the Head of Ticketing & Retail by the order deadline (this includes letters and numbers)
- To print the kit with the correct names and numbers as required.
- Effectively liaise with the line manager & retail department to implement stock management and to ensure it is regularly monitored and maintained, by producing a stock list check monthly
- Distribution of training kit on a daily basis to the allocated changing areas
- Manage the use and storage of all training equipment
- Collection and laundry of all training kit for players and staff
- Preparation of new kit for all new players registering with the Club
- Marking of all kit with the relevant initials for all players and staff
- Monitor the organisation of equipment rooms ensuring all areas are kept tidy and ready for use
- Attendance at all first team home and away matches
- To organise all kit and equipment for away travel and the loading of club transport ready for departure
- To manage the washing, drying and preparation of bibs, training and match kit
- Ensure the security of all kit & equipment and kit premises are maintained at all times during the day and during break times
- Maintain the quality of the equipment by cleaning and making sure it’s in a good condition to use daily/weekly
- Manage time effectively to ensure all duties are carried out
- Drive the company van in line with current legal requirements and in a safe manner at all times and keep the company van clean inside and out
- Emptying equipment out of the company van after all games both home and away
- Being prepared to meet all staff requirements on match days and training days to include list tasks to ensure clarity
SKILLS, ABILITIES & EXPERIENCE**
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate all aspects of kit & equipment operations including procurement, distribution, collection, maintenance, transportation and inventory
- Ability to interpret and advise coaches and staff on policies and procedures that pertain to kit & equipment operations
- Effective interpersonal skills – has the ability to relate/work effectively work with a diverse range of people including team management, players, coaches and medical staff
- Ability to maintain a professional, organised, clean, safe, and healthy environment in equipment rooms, laundry rooms, and locker rooms
- Excellent line management skills
- Ability to manage workload independently and to manage multiple tasks to completion and on time
- A professional “can do” attitude with strong organisational and administrative skills
A genuine team player
- Highly effective communication and organisational skills
- Empathy with young people and their challenges
- A hardworking and enthusiastic individual
- Displays a high level of confidentiality
The successful candidate will be required to work a six month probation period. Hours of work are generally 40 hours a week and to suit the ever changing nature and needs of the Club to include days, evenings and weekends. Hours will be agreed in advance with the line manager. Any changes to shift patterns or times to be agreed in advance.
Excellent communication skills, strong report writing skills, excellent organisational skills and excellent interpersonal and networking skills
The post holder’s duties must be carried out in compliance with the Club’s Equal Opportunities Policy, with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subsequent Health and Safety Legislation.
Rotherham United is an equal opportunities employer and all applicants for employment will be regarded equally and will be given equal opportunities irrespective of sex, age, race, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic or national origin.
These duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities within Rotherham United Football Club, commensurate with the post without changing the character of the post. This post may require a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRC) check with a barred list check. The applicant may be required to submit a CRC application if they do not hold and FA CRC Certificate. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Information on all convictions including spent convictions must be declared, in line with the new Government Filtering System.
Closing date for applications: 18/06/2018
If you wish to see our Candidate Privacy Notice please visit https://www.themillers.co.uk/club/club-policies/
Job Type: Full-time
Kit Person: 3 years