As a Security Supervisor for Rotherham United Football Club you will have many responsibilities. Those who hold this position will be the go-to person for any safety or security incident that occurs in the stadium. This role requires you to think on your feet and be calm under pressure demonstrating a high level of security supervisory experience and using a common sense approach.
One of the most important duties for a stadium event Security Supervisor is helping to establish the guidelines by which all attendees to the AESSEAL New York Stadium will be protected and enjoy their time spent with us.
- Give detailed handover and briefings to the security team
- Give detailed briefings to the casual event team members brought into site to run a variety of events
- Manage all site related incidents, problems or queries in the first instance.
- Set and maintain high standards of service, especially officer performance, appearance and behaviour, uniform care and image related matters.
- Assist the Stadium Manager in organising team training, continually assessing individual needs and requirements.
- Assist in the production and maintenance of site specific documents, ensure all site specific documentation is kept up to date.
- Maintain company documentation in an efficient and tidy manner, bearing in mind it may be called upon by third party organisations, client or company in certain circumstances.
- Responsible for the maintenance/accountability for all company equipment on site. Arranging repairs/replacements through management as necessary.
- Ensure the Stadium Manager is kept informed of any issues affecting the site.
- Attend site meetings when requested to do so.
- On-going support and coaching to the workforce to ensure all staff are performing the role correctly when on site and maintaining all elements of public safety when working at sites.
- To ensure that the relevant reports are made on an Incident Report Form.
- Responsible for all staff under their direct supervision and ensuring that all staff wear correct uniform, appropriate personal protective equipment and are regularly briefed
- Respond accordingly to emergencies and incidents including fire and intruder alarms and assisting in the evacuation of the buildings where necessary
- Provides necessary support and assistance to the Stadium Manager
- Conduct Stadium H&S and tour visits
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrable experience in the security industry at Supervisory level.
- IT literate with intermediate knowledge of MS programmes.
- Valid driving license
- Strong leadership ability with experience in supervising guarding teams on large and complex sites and assignments and confident in speaking with Senior Management while conducting business as usual and when dealing with specific incidents.
- Calm under pressure and able to make important decisions unaided.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan ahead at all times, being proactive in approach
- SIA Door Supervisor Licence required
- Supervisor Security Experience is required
- Must have good command of English Language
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- First Aid qualification is a bonus
- Have experience security reporting procedures.
- To be able to work well in a team.
- Be calm under pressure.
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety regulations.
- Able to make informed decisions under pressure.
- Be able to liaise with external authorities and services as required
Position: Security Supervisor Location: Rotherham United FC Pay Rate: Negotiable Hours: 40 hours per week. Please can you state your salary expectations within your reply. Hours of work to suit the needs of the business, to include days, evenings, weekends and (nights on occasion).
The post holder’s duties must be carried out in compliance with the Club’s Equal Opportunities Policy, with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subsequent Health and Safety Legislation.
Rotherham United is an equal opportunities employer and all applicants for employment will be regarded equally and will be given equal opportunities irrespective of sex, age, race, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic or national origin.
These duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities within Rotherham United Football Club, commensurate with the post without changing the character of the post. This post requires a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRC) check with a barred list check. The applicant must be prepared to submit a CRC application if they do not hold and FA CRC Certificate. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Information on all convictions including spent convictions must be declared, in line with the new Government Filtering System.
Rotherham United Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Type: Permanent
- Security Supervisor: 3 years (Required)
Licenses or certifications:
- Do you hold a first aid licence (Required)
- SIA Door Supervisor Licence (Required)
- Working days, evenings, weekends and nights on occasion (Required)
To apply for the job, click here.