Closing Date: Friday 26th May 2017 17.00
Interview date: Week commencing 30 May 2017
Rotherham United Training Ground, AESSEAL New York Stadium and any other sites to perform relevant work.
Company Car Scheme
First Team Bonus Scheme
Contributory pension scheme
To lead the clubs Medical Department in the development, organisation, co-ordination and implementation of all medical related matters to First Team players and department staff. This post is expected to optimise the player availability and enhance the medical support of Rotherham United First Team players through the provision of footballs best scientific and medical practice. The Head of Medical Services is also expected to lead the department staff with expert managerial skills, on-going education programmes and also developing intra-club research studies. The Head of Medical Services should also establish and maintain an effective network outside the club including university links for internship schemes and furthering research. .
1. To lead the delivery, development and rehabilitation of all Medical and Musculoskeletal care relating to First Team players. It is expected that this delivery is through high professional standards utilising up to date research and evidence based practice within the Medical Department.
2. To assist in the development of evidence based protocols and research for all areas of medical science throughout the club. There is an expectation to use all available resources including the latest research, collaborating with a successful network of external clinical specialists and university links.
3. To contribute fully within the Performance Science and Medical programme and effectively communicate on the care and injury status of players.
4. To lead on the medical assessment of new signings and provide guidance to the Manager.
5. To lead and maintain secure, accurate and up-to-date medical records on all first team players using the clubs online performance management application, as well as ensuring the FA Anti-Doping Regulations are adhered to at all times.
6. To manage the first team medical budget.
7. To organise and lead on all medical testing and cardiac screening.
8. To integrate within an intra-institutionalised research initiative from Rotherham United Football Club data collected in all matters of Medical Science to utilise in adapting practice with a possibility of professional publications.
9. To observe, monitor and react to the ever evolving world of Medical Science, keeping up to date with all current research developments and changes in professional regulations.
10. To ensure the latest clinical, scientific and technical innovations to practice are incorporated into maintaining the highest level of support within the Medical Department provision.
11. To be an effective manager of the Medical department with special reference to individual man management of the department staff.
12. To create successful and professional relationships with staff whilst maintaining professional distance from playing staff at all times.
13. To assist in the implementation of the department injury prevention protocols through assessment, analysis, delivery and auditing of collected data.
14. To maintain player information confidentiality within the scope of practice at all times.
15. To act, at all times, in a manner appropriate to a representative of Rotherham United FC.
The post holder’s duties must be carried out in compliance with the Club’s Equal Opportunities Policy, with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subsequent Health and Safety Legislation.
Rotherham United is an equal opportunities employer and all applicants for employment will be regarded equally and will be given equal opportunities irrespective of sex, age, race, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic or national origin
These duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities within Rotherham United Football Club, commensurate with the post without changing the character of the post.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
- Postgraduate qualification in Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registered Physiotherapist
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in elite sport
- Experience as working as a department lead
- AREA Accreditation
- Undergraduate qualification in Sports Science or related discipline
- Undergone courses in Leadership and/or Management
To view the vacancy on Indeed click here.
All applications should be sent to Chief Operating Officer Paul Douglas in writing either by letter to AESSEAL New York Stadium, New York Way, Rotherham, S60 1AH, or by email on email@example.com.