Job Title: Casual Retail and Ticketing Sales Assistant
Reporting to: Head of Supporter Service and Head of Retail
Based at: Red and White Shop, AESSEAL New York Stadium, Rotherham.
To support the line managers in all shop and ticket office activities in particular through improving and developing business for the club by pro-active sales activity and ensuring the highest standards of customer service. You may be required to work match days, non match day Saturdays and various hours during the week on an ad hoc basis.
• Ensure all customers are served promptly and efficiently whilst maintaining the highest standards of customer service and professionalism
• Dealing with ticket and merchandising sales in the Red and White Shop and ensuring customers are served in a timely manner, both in person and over the telephone.
• Up selling of all fixtures, both home and away, which we have on sale along with the sales of season tickets.
• Support the line managers in ensuring that all shop and ticket prices are correct and all appropriate levels of tickets are available.
• Support the line managers in ensuring that shop stock levels are maintained optimally and efficiently and that the appearance of the shop is always tidy and in line with modern retail outlet standards.
• Ensure that all stock is accurately priced and security tagged.
• Be fully conversant with the ticketing and shop till systems and all associated procedures.
• Ensure that telephones are answered in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Processing of both ticketing and merchandise online orders in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ensure you have excellent knowledge of forthcoming matches and match/shop promotions
• Plus any other additional duties that are required to meet the needs of the business.
The post holder’s duties must be carried out in compliance with the Club’s Equal Opportunities Policy, with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subsequent Health and Safety Legislation.
Rotherham United is an equal opportunities employer and all applicants for employment will be regarded equally and will be given equal opportunities irrespective of sex, age, race, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic or national origin.
These duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities within Rotherham United Football Club, commensurate with the post without changing the character of the post.
You will be self-driven with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. You will possess excellent customer service and communication skills both face to face and over the telephone. Previous ticketing or retail experience is desired but not essential, along with previous experience in working in a customer service and cash handing environment. You will be a natural forward planner who critically assesses your performance. You will be mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with people at different levels and will maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
Any applicants who are interested in applying for this role must send their CV and accompanying letter to John Bird by 5pm Friday 30th June 2017. CV’s can be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: John Bird, AESSEAL New York Stadium, New York Way, Rotherham, S60 1AH.