Part Time Human Resources Officer
THE ROLE: We are currently looking to recruit an experience Human Resources Officer to work at Rotherham United Football Club. You will be involved in a wide range of Human Resource activities.
• Providing sound HR/Employment Legislation advice up to Director level on various HR issues
• General HR Administration including preparation of Offer Letters, Terms and Conditions of Employment, Amendments to Terms and Conditions of Employment, Reference Requests/Responses, Resignation Acknowledgements (including conducting Exit Interviews), Administration of Probationary Period
• Development of Job Descriptions and Person Specifications and amendments as necessary
• Management of the Recruitment & Selection Process up to management level
• Monitoring/Actioning of long term and short term absence including review meetings, medical referrals and termination on grounds of ill health
• Advising on all discipline (up to and including dismissal) and grievance matters
• Review of all company policies/employee handbooks/company car handbook
• Involvement in Club Safeguarding and Anti-Discrimination and Inclusion Committees including policy writing, attendance at monthly meetings and assisting the Chief Operating Officer to ensure the Club is legislatively compliant
• Co-ordination and issue of all Matchday staff contracts and job descriptions
• Co-ordination and issue of all Part Time Coaching and Scout Contracts and Job Descriptions
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate will have excellent organisational and communication skills. You will be mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with people at different levels and will maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
Key skills and characteristics desirable/essential:-
• Working towards CIPD qualification is essential, Fully Qualified would be advantageous
• At least 2 years generalist Human Resources experience and be used to dealing with complex ER issues
• Previous experience of working in a Football Club would be an advantage however is not essential
The normal working hours will be 20 hours per week to be agreed, however, some flexibility will be required to cover holidays and busy periods.
Rotherham United Football Club are an equal opportunities employer and all applications regardless of age, sex, gender reassignment, disability, marriage or civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation will be considered.
Please apply in writing with a Covering Letter and CV stating your current salary details and also your salary expectations to Lisa Carder, HR Officer, The AESSEAL New York Stadium, Don Street, Rotherham, S60 1AH or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Friday 13 November 2015