League Football Education’s Goal of the Month contest for March is dominated by two long range efforts that set the template for Charlie Adam’s thunderbolt for Stoke City at Chelsea.
While Scotland and Reading starlet Jake Sheppard’s 70-yard screamer against Brighton and Jerry Yates audacious goal from kick-off for Rotherham are the headline acts there is plenty of depth to the competition, which also features Sheffield United duo, Dominic Calvert-Lewin and David Brooks.
The contenders in full are:
• Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Sheffield Wednesday v SHEFFIELD UNITED
• David Brooks, SHEFFIELD UNITED v Coventry City
• Jake Sheppard, Brighton & Hove Albion v READING
• Alex Byrne, EXETER CITY v Portsmouth
• Dennon Lewis, WATFORD v Barnet
• Jerry Yates, ROTHERHAM UNITED v Grimsby Town
• Jack Dyche, SCUNTHORPE UNITED v Hartlepool United
• Jordan Hancox, Tranmere Rovers v FLEETWOOD TOWN
LFE Chief Executive Alan Sykes said: “As ever there are a number of exceptional goals included on this shortlist.
“This competition remains popular and is a great advertisement of the work that is going on to develop young players at Football League clubs.”
Voting will remain open until 4pm on 24 April.