Les Payne's new column available this Saturday...
Les Payne’s Football Matters column will debut in this Saturday’s edition of Millers Matchday, as the former Sheffield Star & Green ‘Un writer becomes the latest contributer.
Football Matters comes straight from the brain of the man who retired from reporting on the Millers last season and this first edition sees three anecdotes relating to things in the world of football.
In his own unique, anecdotal style, Les talks about a moment with new Crystal Palace Manager Neil Warnock scoring a goal at Millmoor, Febian Brandy’s flirtation with the Champions League and the Millers trying to get an advantage by calling in the fire brigade. It’s a feature not to be missed in Millers Matchday which is packed full of exclusives and new competitions once again including all of the following:
• We put Frazer Richardson ‘Under the Spotlight’ to talk about his start with his hometown club.
• Five pages on our opponents Charlton Athletic, including an in-depth look at the backroom staff, former player and Guy Branston gives us his ‘Ones to Watch.’
• Lee Frecklington takes on the Question of Sport Q&A and you can find out who his ‘hero’ was growing up.
• There’s the touching story of Andy Brownrigg’s retirement from football and what he’s doing now in ‘What next?’
• A new competition to win a signed ball with Eric Twigg Foods & Pukka Pies
• Plus Steve Evans’ Ice Bucket Challenge pictures and so much more…
Millers Matchday will again be available around the ground priced at just £3.