Employer: Rotherham United Community Sports Trust
Hours: 37 hours a week including some evenings, weekends and holidays (inc residential weeks)
Salary: Subject to experience (with bonus opportunity)
Responsibility to: RUFC Head of Community
Responsibility for: NCS Administration Support
Main purpose of the post:
Rotherham United Community Sports Trust is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, charismatic and dedicated National Citizen Service (NCS) Coordinator to organise and deliver our 2014/15 NCS project for young people aged 16-17 in the Rotherham area.
NCS is a voluntary four – week programme for 16-17 year olds that will promote:
• A more cohesive society by mixing participants of different backgrounds
• A more responsible society by supporting the transition into adulthood for young people
• A more engaged society by enabling young people to work together to create social action projects in their communities. (For more information visit http://www.ncsflt.co.uk/)
1. To Plan, Implement and Co-ordinate the National Citizen Service (NCS) project whilst also leading on the residential and social action elements of the project
2. To be the main contact with FLT National Co-ordinator and to provide reports as appropriate.
3. To market the NCS opportunity through schools and colleges; use of existing forums and mechanism – eg, match day programmes, websites and on-going youth activities; and identification of innovative ways to attract young people.
4. To recruit young people on to the local programme using a variety of mechanisms including presentations.
5. To recruit appropriate staff and volunteers to deliver the programme, including a group of youth volunteers to act as Ambassadors for the NCS programme.
6. To book all necessary venues and arrange other resources needs – for example residentials, transportation and equipment/kit.
7. Engagement with local volunteer centre, community groups and charities for social action project opportunities.
8. To work alongside the football club to promote health, education and inclusion in a positive way to the wider community. To liaise with Rotherham United Football Club in order to utilise club resources such as player appearances and marketing
9. To undertake outreach in the community to engage hard to reach young people and those whose first language is not English
10. To create signposting links to other Education and volunteering provisions for young people
11. To attend related networks, meetings and NCS events, supporting partnership and sharing good practice.
12. To liaise with a range of key stakeholders such as schools and parents to ensure effective engagement and participation in NCS.
13. To draw down additional funding to increase and enhance the project activities
14. Keep accurate up to date filing systems, data and records relating to health projects
15. To undertake project evaluation and monitoring as required
16. To support the marketing and promotion of NCS related activities
17. To ensure equality of opportunity is afforded to all persons both internal and external, actively seeking to eliminate any direct or indirect discriminatory practices/behaviour.
Committed to continued professional development and willing to undertake training relevant to the post.
The post holder will be required to work evening and weekends as the requirements of the job demands
To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time commensurate with the grade of the post.
Be an experienced coach, qualified teacher or youth working with management experience, driving license.
Experience of engaging with and delivering activities to people with Disabilities
A sound working knowledge of the barriers people with disabilities face and the practical means in which these can be overcome.
A history of working with young people who have behavioral difficulties
A knowledge of how to market activities to young people would also be advantageous
A full and clean UK driving license
How to apply:
Please send an application form and cover letter or request an RUCST Application form by email for the attention of Jamie Noble; email@example.com or download here http://www.rotherhamunited.net/RUCSTApplicationForm.doc
Closing Date: 12nd September 2014
Interviews will take place on the commencing 15th Sept 2014
Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS procedures.