Challenge your son or daughter to take part in NCS this Autumn half termFun! Challenge! Friendship! NCS is an opportunity for 16 & 17 year olds to stand out from the crowd!
With the future uncertain for many young people, this Autumn provides the chance for your child to gain the experience of a lifetime and put themselves ahead of the game. By signing up to National Citizen Service (NCS), they will be put through challenges such as white water-rafting and swinging across rivers whilst also having chance to make new friends and make a difference in their local community – all whilst having a great time!
This flagship government initiative is a real opportunity for your child to stand out from the crowd in their future education or employment plans with NCS recognised by colleges, universities and employers as a real personal development achievement. NCS lets young people get ahead by giving them fresh experiences, leadership and team building skills and above all – a good time!
During their time on NCS your son or daughter will:
• Go on a week-long outward bound, team-building residential facing physical challenges
• Spend time learning new skills and planning a project for their local community
• Deliver a project which will make a difference in their own area
• Take part in a final day of challenges as a team competing against other teams
Through all of this they are supported by a team leader and mentor who guide them in their achievements, and help them learn about themselves and their local community.
Who delivers Ncs?
The Football League Trust is a national NCS provider, and is working with a number of local community trusts from professional football clubs to deliver the NCS programme in various areas around the country.
The standard price of the programme is just £35 which includes:
• the residential with food, accommodation and transport
• kit and a learning portfolio
• a range of learning and development opportunities
• a graduation ceremony to recognise their achievements
Financial support to cover the cost may be available if required.
for more information on this fantastic project please contact our NCS Co-ordinator Cheryl davidson on 01709827767/07961534717