Fun! Challenge! Friendship! NCS is an opportunity for 16 & 17 year olds to stand out from the crowd!Fun! Challenge! Friendship! NCS is an opportunity for 16 & 17 year olds to stand out from the crowd!
Challenge your son or daughter to take part in NCS this Autumn half term!
With the future uncertain for many young people, this Autumn provides the chance for your child to gain the experience of a lifetime and put themselves ahead of the game. By signing up to National Citizen Service (NCS), they will be put through challenges such as white water-rafting and swinging across rivers whilst also having chance to make new friends and make a difference in their local community – all whilst having a great time!
This flagship government initiative is a real opportunity for your child to stand out from the crowd in their future education or employment plans with NCS recognised by colleges, universities and employers as a real personal development achievement. NCS lets young people get ahead by giving them fresh experiences, leadership and team building skills and above all – a good time!
During their time on NCS your son or daughter will:
• Go on a week-long outward bound, team-building residential facing physical challenges
• Spend time learning new skills and planning a project for their local community
• Deliver a project which will make a difference in their own area
• Take part in a final day of challenges as a team competing against other teams
Through all of this they are supported by a team leader and mentor who guide them in their achievements, and help them learn about themselves and their local community.
Who delivers Ncs?
The Football League Trust is a national NCS provider, and is working with a number of local community trusts from professional football clubs to deliver the NCS programme in various areas around the country.
The standard price of the programme is just £35 which includes:
• the residential with food, accommodation and transport
• kit and a learning portfolio
• a range of learning and development opportunities
• a graduation ceremony to recognise their achievements
Financial support to cover the cost may be available if required.
for more information on this fantastic project please contact our NCS Co-ordinator Cheryl davidson on 01709827767/07961534717